CILER is governed by a Management Team that is guided by an Executive Board and Science Council.
Executive Board: CILER’s Executive Board is responsible for overseeing the sustainability and financial vitality of CILER’s research, education, and outreach operations.
Current Executive Board members include:
- Allison Allen – Portfolio Manager, NOAA Ecological Forecasting Roadmap, National Ocean Service
- Richard Wagenmaker – Meteorologist in Charge, National Weather Service, Detroit
- Dan Brown – Interim Dean, School of Natural Resources and Environment (SNRE), University of Michigan
- Volker Sick – Associate Vice-President for Research, University of Michigan
- Deborah Lee – Director, Great Lakes Environmental Research Laboratory, NOAA (Ex-Officio)
- Bradley Cardinale – Director, Cooperative Institute for Limnology and Ecosystems Research, SNRE, University of Michigan (Ex-Officio)
Science Council: The Science Council reviews and provides advice on CILER’s research programs. The Council includes representatives from NOAA and all Consortium universities.
Current Science Council members include:
- Jay Austin – Assistant Professor, University of Minnesota-Duluth
- Jim Diana – Director, Michigan Sea Grant Program, University of Michigan
- Andrew Gronewold – Physical Scientist, NOAA GLERL
- Tomas Höök – Associate Director of Research, Illinois-Indiana Sea Grant
- Donna Kashian – Assistant Professor, Wayne State University
- Val Klump – Director, Great Lakes Water Institute, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
- Stu Ludsin – Associate Professor, Ohio State University
- Doran Mason – Research Ecologist & CILER Program Manager, NOAA GLERL
- Peter McIntyre – Assistant Professor, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Cheryl Murphy – Assistant Professor, Michigan State University
- Steve Ruberg – Group Leader, Marine Instrumentation Lab, NOAA-GLERL
- Al Steinman – Director, Annis Water Resources Institute, Grand Valley State University
- Carol Stepien – Director, Lake Erie Center, University of Toledo
- Craig Stow – Aquatic Ecosystem Modeler, NOAA GLERL
- Donald Uzarski – Director, Biological Station and Institute for Great Lakes Research, Central Michigan University
- William Wise – Interim Director, New York Sea Grant, Stony Brook, NY
Management Team: The Management Team is responsible for coordinating the policies and procedures needed for CILER and NOAA GLERL to work together effectively.