Below is a list of online resources related to each of CILER’s research themes.
Great Lakes Observing & Forecasting
- Great Lakes Coastal Forecasting System– A system used by LE HAB bulletin that utilizes various computer models to forecast Great Lakes factors such as currents, temperatures and water level fluctuations.
- Great Lakes HABs and Hypoxia
- Lake Erie Harmful Algal Bloom Bulletin (LE HAB)– An experimental, weekly bulletin that forecasts Microcystis blooms in western Lake Erie.
- Great Lakes Observing System– GLOS is a project aimed to provide online, real-time and historical data about Great Lakes biology, chemistry, geology and cultural resources.
- Great Lakes Aquatic Nonindigenous Species Information System (GLANSIS)– A regional node of the USGS nonindigenous aquatic species database.
- USGS Aquatic Nonindigenous Species Database– A database for nonindigenous aquatic species in the U.S.
Ecological Risk Assessment
- Great Lakes Area of Concern– Locations in the Great Lakes that don’t meet standards set by the Great Lakes Water Quality Agreement.
Protection & Restoration of Ecosystem Services
- Great Lakes Habitat Blueprint – Habitat Blueprint is a nationwide NOAA initiative that provides a framework for NOAA to better focus internal programs and expertise in addressing habitat loss and degradationin the Great Lakes.
- Great Lakes Restoration Initiative– The largest federal investment in the Great Lakes in two decades that aims to clean up toxics and areas of concern; combat invasive species; promote nearshore health by protecting watersheds from polluted run-off; restore wetlands and other habitats; and work with partners on outreach.